Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Poetry Post

Not only are roses red.

click for larger


My Funny Valentine
by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart


My Funny Valentine
Sweet Comic Valentine
You Make Me Smile With My Heart
You're Looks Are Laughable,
Unphotographable
Yet You're My Favorite Work Of Art
Is Your FigureLess Than Greek
Is Your Mouth A Little Weak
When You Open It To Speak
Are You Smart
Don't Change A Hair For Me
Not If You Care For Me
Stay Little Valentine Stay
Each Day Is Valentine's Day

2 comments:

  1. Roses are red,
    Violets are blue.
    I can't rhyme for s**t
    My meter's off a little as well.

    Bottomed out at 17F this morning. Bleah. Tonight's forecast low is 22F. Then it stays above freezing all week, with a bonus shot of sleet tomorrow night. Winter #2 on Planet Georgia.

    Mason's still not completely better. He slept until 9:30 yesterday, had a late-afternoon nap that ran 4 hours, and of course was up until midnight. At least he didn't wake up through the night.

    Got a lot of writing done yesterday, in between everything else. Itty-bitty dragons and nefarious enchanters. Maybe classic fantasy is my destined oeuvre. This week, anyway. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Farf on the poem writing though, Farf, you do it better than I do! Glad that Mason is getting better.

    Hope everyone is enjoying the Sunday. We have sun again - the snow didn't last past noon.

    ReplyDelete