Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Poetry Post

Alpha Omega


Turn! Turn! Turn!
Words-adapted from The Bible, book of Ecclesiastes
Music-Pete Seeger

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

5 comments:

  1. I like that, Beginning and End. And then start over.

    Still stuffed up with a cold here. Have I already griped about nasal congestion leading to brain congestion? If so, there's a supporting data point.

    We have Big V's grandkid again as well as Mason. Her husband is home (he's a truck driver) and he tends to drink himself $#!+faced when he's home. A 1.5-legged Big V can't tend to both of them at once. :P Snippet's watching them while I catch up on blogs.

    I'm not going to hit my goal of finishing White Pickups by the end of the month, but I did back out of a blind alley I'd written myself into. At least I have a clear path to the finish line. (Or seeing there's a sequel, is that just the first lap?) Tomorrow's ep features good & evil in a post-apocalypse death match…

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend 'tis the season for massive writing.

    As of today, I have completed 25,000 words in the last 3 days. That's right, THREE zeroes at the end of that number.

    2,000 on Friday. (Then nappalooza)
    13,000 yesterday.
    10,000 this morning (thanks to early poke from teh insomnia fairy at 3:30 a.m.)

    It's 10:33. My hands hurt. My BRAIN hurts.

    I am < 26K from being DONE. DONE, THE END! If I can repeat this insanity next Saturday and then the following weekend, I'm home free.

    My deadline is before Xmas. I'm trying to give myself some wiggle room.

    I think I may nap now.

    ::waves feebly::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to think about everything having a time and a place - and a season. Something to remember when things seem to be falling apart all around you. Fall and spring - endings and beginnings.

    Maria, you are a writing machine! I hope you make your self-imposed deadline - that's just amazing. I'm floored by your productivity! Nap away - you've earned it.

    Hope the cold goes away soon, Farf, and you have a peaceful Sunday at the manor. Here we're waiting for the movers, who haven't called to confirm that they're even coming today. Lots of frayed nerves...

    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday, with not too many leftovers. Our dinner was great yesterday, but I'm not sure who's going to eat all the stuff that's in the fridge...

    Waving to all who follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to visit cyberfriends. They are kind and caring and not in my house.
    Ready to get back to normal schedule.

    Maria--I am in AWWWE. Mean,lean, writing machine.
    I'm hoping to get my writing mojo back. It's been lost these last weeks.

    Farf, Chicken/turkey soup sounds in order for you.

    Jim, My favorite Byrds song. Good to have a change of season. I'm ready to go back to work. But I know I have three weeks on then a couple of weeks off.

    Beth, here's hoping the movers show like their supposed to.

    Waves to Kelly, Dina, Nancy, Janet, Boran and all others that may follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, LOL "They are kind and caring and not in my house." I know what you mean, and my house guest didn't even arrive. She came down with a bad cold and decided not to travel. But there were in-town guests at all the other houses in my family and they tuckered me out.

    Farf, I'm picturing you backing slowly out of that alley you wrote yourself into.

    ReplyDelete