Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Poetry Post

Strained Glass Window

click for larger


Walking on Broken Glass
lyrics by Annie Lenox


You were the sweetest thing that I ever knew
But I don’t care for sugar honey if I can’t have you
Since you’ve abandoned me
My whole life has crushed
[i think the last word in this sentence is crashed instead of crushed]
Won’t you pick the pieces up
’cause it feels just like I’m walking on broken glass

Walking on walking on broken glass

The sun’s still shining in the big blue sky
But it don’t mean nothing to me
Oh let the rain come down
Let the wind blow through me
I’m living in an empty room
With all the windows smashed
And I’ve got so little left to lose
That it feels just like I’m walking on broken glass

Walking on walking on broken glass

And I’ve you’re trying to cut me down
You know that I might bleed
Cause if you’re trying to cut me down
I know that you’ll succeed
And if you want to hurt me
There’s nothing left to fear
Cause if you want to hurt me
You’re doing really well my dear

Now everyone of use was made to suffer
Everyone of us was made to weep
But we’ve been hurting one another
And now the pain has cut too deep...
So take me from the wreckage
Save me from the blast
Lift me up and take me back
Don’t let me keep on walking...
Walking on broken glass

5 comments:

  1. Feeling much better.
    Another day to recouperate is good.

    Continuing the purge in the house. Pulled knick knacks and books and such off the living room shelves to let go of more things. We'll see what hubby wants to keep.
    Undecorating for the holidays.

    Will send out more queries. Thanks, Kelly for the great blog. I'm definately in the game.

    A great day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling good today.

    What is that picture? I thought it was Shelob when I first looked at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize some of the lines in that song. I think they play it, or remixes thereof, on one of the trance stations I listen to online.

    Lisa, is purging the house your way to recuperate? Please come and do mine next… this family is in dire need of dispossessing. :)

    Hi Dina, I think it's a broken window, the lyrics kind of give it away.

    Mason's napping, Snippet is back (yuck), and I was just kind of enjoying the quiet before Mrs. Fetched showed up. Off to the whatever…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    Back from a quick over and back to Cincinnati today. Took Andi's mom over to see my mom. Two happy old ladies who've always loved getting together. We both consider ourselves lucky in the extreme on the in-law front.

    Dina, Farf is right. Something shattered one of the large 6' X 8' plate glass windows at the entrance to my school. That jigsaw of glass held together for over a week before it was replaced. Shelob is a beech tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for uncluttering and feeling better, Lisa. And staying in the game - great thoughts from Kelly on that. If you're not being rejected, you're not trying. You go girl!

    I love this song, but never knew the words. Thanks for sharing, Jim. And definitely Shelob, Dina!!

    Glad your moms get along so well, Jim. Something to be said for shared history.

    Can't wait to decorate my new home - and hopefully will be able to create a special place for the holidays. Which are screaming up, egads!

    In Pensacola tonight - the first leg of my move to Phoenix is complete. Movers have my stuff - although I have no clue when they're showing up. Very anxious to be settled...it's been a long, fun, tiring summer/fall.

    Off to bed. Hope to check in at a normal time tomorrow! It's been a looooong weekend. Night all.

    ReplyDelete