Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Poetry Post

We got a little rain Saturday morning, but it was just enough to wet the surface of the ground. Even the trees are singing along with The Temptations tune - with choreography too.

click for larger


I Wish It Would Rain
Songwriters: Roger Penzabene, Norman Whitfield, & Barrett Strong
© JOBETE MUSIC CO INC

Sunshine, blue skies, please go away
My girl has found another, and gone away
With her went my future, my life is filled with gloom
So day after day, I stay locked up in my room

I know to you it might sound strange
But I wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause so badly I wanna go outside
(Such a lovely day)
But everyone knows that a man ain't supposed to cry
Listen, I got to cry, 'cause crying, ooh
Eases the pain, oh yeah

Even this hurt I feel inside
Words could never explain, I just wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Oh, let it rain, rain, rain, rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Ooh baby, let it rain
(Rain, rain)
Oh yeah, let it rain

Day in day out, my tear stained face
Pressed against the window pane
My eyes search the skies, desperately for rain
'Cause rain drops will hide my teardrops and no one will ever know
That I'm crying
(Crying)
Crying
(Crying, crying)
When I go outside

To the world outside my tears, I refuse to explain
Oh, I wish it would rain
(Oh, how I wish that it would rain)
Ooh baby, let it rain, let it rain

I need rain to disguise the tears in my eyes
Oh, let it rain
Oh yeah, yeah, listen I'm a man, I ain't got no pride
'Til it rains, I'm gonna stay inside

5 comments:

  1. I can feel those trees a swaying and snapping to the beat.

    No more rain to send you from down here. Mostly sunny and 90s all week. Calling all cars--Fall is missing. Put out an APB.

    Relaxing Sunday to All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I heard that song once, maybe twice, on the radio and it stuck with me all this time.

    Sorry about the rain situation, Andi. We went without for two weeks ourselves until yesterday. I did manage to clean up most of the woodpile, but I'm not sure where what's left will get stacked. Found a rat's nest at the bottom, complete with rat, who successfully dodged thrown pieces of wood.

    Lisa, fall's not for a couple more weeks. It'll get here, then we'll be griping about the cold! Well, Beth won't.

    I updated Mason's birthday gallery with pix from yesterday's festoovities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dancing trees.

    If I could go back in time and see one group in its prime, it would be the Temptations. Loved them.

    Far, that is the cutest child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my song! Anything that urges rain to fall is good with me. Another fire, way too close to my friends' house - 35 acres and growing, with no rain in sight. Colorado is scary dry right now...

    Fun few days in CO, visiting lots of friends. Leaving early early in the morning to head to KC. Where I'll see Nancy and give her hugs from all of you. And then Lisa - it's a writerly kind of week! Heading for the beach in Corpus Christi on Wednesday, and a couple of down days after lots of driving and visiting. One pooped puppy here.

    Hope everyone had a great weekend - wish I could see you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, that's why I call him The World's Cutest Grandkid!

    ReplyDelete